Clicky

• Welcome to P2P Lending / NFT Lending Forum.

ETH.LOAN

News:

This was the original Lend Academy peer-to-peer lending forum, since forensically restored by deBanked and now reintroduced to eth.loan.

To restore access to your user account, email [email protected]. We apologize for errors you may experience during the recovery.

Main Menu
NEW LOANS:   | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL

Prosper 1099 - "Collectibles"

Started by Peter, March 05, 2020, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neals384

Reviewed my 1099 from Prosper and was curious to see recovery and debt sale transactions listed as "Collectibles", box 3.  The amounts are small, but categorizing them as box 3 makes them subject to ordinary income tax.  Anyone else have the same issue?

TravelingPennies

I received this "helpful" email from Prosper:

Thank you very much for reaching out, we appreciate you and your time.
We use Sovos a 3rd party tax vendor.  I just wanted to provide a little information on box 3 of your 1099 B.
"Collectibles" are considered alternative investments by the IRS and include things like art, stamps & coins, cards & comics, rare items, antiques, and so on. I hope this helps out!
Please feel free to ask any more questions if you have any.

TravelingPennies

Here's a piece of my 1099 showing "Collectibles".  My best guess is there is a newby in the Tax service who thinks "Collections" = "Collectibles" LOL.

NEW LOANS:   | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL