Clicky

• Welcome to P2P Lending / NFT Lending Forum.

ETH.LOAN

News:

This was the original Lend Academy peer-to-peer lending forum, since forensically restored by deBanked and now reintroduced to eth.loan.

To restore access to your user account, email [email protected]. We apologize for errors you may experience during the recovery.

Main Menu
NEW LOANS:   | 870.eth 2.500 Ξ | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL

prosper 1099 - recovery reversal transactions

Started by Peter, February 01, 2020, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrwhizzard

The Prosper 1099B has always been lacking. No basis reporting to the IRS (which means that, technically, the individual transactions need to be reported); no summary of short-term vs long-term totals; charged off and recovered amounts always listed as separate transactions, even when occurring in the same year; etc.

This year, I've found something new to complain about. It seems that Prosper has decided to report reversed recovery transactions as well, along with the reversal. Here's one extreme case (note that these are all from the same note):

Rury

Yikes, haven't check my 1099B yet... hope it's not that bad.

As for me, I think I'm done living with it. I've been an investor on their platform since the start of 2014, and even though my returns have remained positive over the years, I find the quality of service has largely been downhill. (Removal of secondary market, revamped site, recent API issues, site login/navigation issues, now this?)

Fred93

There is no need to enter info from EACH LOAN into your tax return.  Just report the totals. 

NEW LOANS:   | 870.eth 2.500 Ξ | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL