Clicky

• Welcome to P2P Lending / NFT Lending Forum.

ETH.LOAN

News:

This was the original Lend Academy peer-to-peer lending forum, since forensically restored by deBanked and now reintroduced to eth.loan.

To restore access to your user account, email [email protected]. We apologize for errors you may experience during the recovery.

Main Menu
NEW LOANS:   | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL

Can the notes of whole loans be traded?

Started by Peter, November 01, 2019, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wei155

Does anyone know whether notes of whole loans can be traded on LC's trading platform Folio? Just out of curiosity. I heard that only notes from fractional loans can be traded there. Whole loans are traded somewhere else. Is it so?

lctz

I would demand a higher return for whole loan due to risk concentration.  The chance of one $100 note default is higher than equal quality 4 $25 notes default at the same time.

AnilG

I don't believe you can sell whole loan on folio. Iirc, Whole loans are not issued as notes. Whole loans are usually sold in package as private transaction. You will need lending club blessing to change the ownership of whole loans. During the hay days, there was a broker service that facilitated whole loan package transaction, I can't recall the name now.

The highest outstanding principal on a note listed on folio recently was in $7,000 range.

rawraw

How do you own notes for whole loans? J

TravelingPennies

If you have whole loan notes in your portfolio, you could have tried to list one such loan on folio to make all this discussion moot.

https://forum.lendacademy.com/index.php?topic=21584.msg61387#msg88888888Quote"> from: Fred93 on November 04, 2019, 04:52:53 PM

TravelingPennies

That's interesting. I didn't remember that. I just remembered there being a limit on the amount of a loan note you could fund. Interesting 😊

NEW LOANS:   | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL