Clicky

• Welcome to P2P Lending / NFT Lending Forum.

ETH.LOAN

News:

This was the original Lend Academy peer-to-peer lending forum, since forensically restored by deBanked and now reintroduced to eth.loan.

To restore access to your user account, email [email protected]. We apologize for errors you may experience during the recovery.

Main Menu
NEW LOANS:   | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL

First

Started by Peter, March 19, 2014, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bohb Daishi

Had to do it.  https://forum.lendacademy.com/Smileys/default/wink.gif" alt=";)" title="Wink" class="smiley" />

On a more serious note, how many of you actively purchase notes on Prosper's secondary market?

core

Thanks for ruining my idea, Bohb.  I was going to post a fake sticky about how this subforum is empty because Prosper sucks.

But to answer your question, I buy notes on Prosper occasionally.  Prosper sucks because the notes don't show up after you buy them. I hate to sound like a broken record. There is absolutely no reason any sane investor would use Prosper.  Prosper sucks.   I've posted my "list" in the Prosper forum at least once.  Investors, stay away from Prosper.

Keltset

I tested the waters and my dislike for Prosper only grew....

Lovinglifestyle

I bought about 12 notes in '08 and never went back after the quiet period for SEC.  Don't expect I ever will, thanks to Core.  Coincidentally, I just browsed there for first time in ages, minutes before this.  The ones I bought all paid in full.

cnmor54

I have 16 more notes to get rid of and then I will be so done with Prosper!

neals384

At least one sane lender uses Prosper because he lives in a no-LC state.

TravelingPennies

TravelingPennies

thezfunk

I have sold on Folio on Prosper but I haven't bought yet through Folio.  Prosper holds my taxable account whereas my Roth is at Lending Club.  I started at Prosper in 2010 and was super conservative and didn't do that well.  I never lost money but averaged 4-6% return.  Better than a savings account but not where I wanted it.  I had no idea what I was doing.

I decided to sell a bunch of my conservative notes and go higher risk.  Consequently, my return last year was over 13%.  Unfortunately, since I don't have automation on Prosper, I can only ever get 'C' notes.  Because of that, I want to get into Folio but it's so bloody user unfriendly.  I am pretty sure I can go to my local tech college and get some guys who could do a better job with that interface and search-ability.

Peter

Publisher of the Lend Academy blog

See my returns here: http://www.lendacademy.com/returns

Jmar42

Are Prosper notes not on Folio LC secondary market?

TravelingPennies

TravelingPennies

So you have to open an account at LC and Prosper in order to access each market individually.  Wow, archaic.

TravelingPennies

TravelingPennies

NEW LOANS:   | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL