Clicky

• Welcome to P2P Lending / NFT Lending Forum.

ETH.LOAN

News:

This was the original Lend Academy peer-to-peer lending forum, since forensically restored by deBanked and now reintroduced to eth.loan.

To restore access to your user account, email [email protected]. We apologize for errors you may experience during the recovery.

Main Menu
NEW LOANS:   | 870.eth 2.500 Ξ | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL

Refinancing loan to get lower rates and monthly payments

Started by Peter, January 19, 2014, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

penelope

Hi, I am about to pay off my 1st loan with Prosper (this will be an early payment). Since I also have a very expensive Lending club loan, I am considering to refinance it by applying for a 2nd loan with Prosper to get better rates and lower monthly payments.

How are my chances for doing this?

Peter

Hi Penelope, Thanks for signing up - we love to hear from borrowers.

As to your question, I would say it all depends on your credit. If your credit has improved since the last time you applied for a loan then I think it is highly likely that you will receive a lower rate and will be able to pay off your Lending Club loan. You can always apply for a loan to discover your rate at Prosper without hurting your credit score.

Good luck and let us know what happens.
Publisher of the Lend Academy blog

See my returns here: http://www.lendacademy.com/returns

dontvote

In general this is a good plan but don't forget to account for the transaction costs in refinancing. There isn't much point swapping a 18.99% loan for a 16.99% loan. Those transaction fees are gone gone so consider spending that money on paying down the principal.

NEW LOANS:   | 870.eth 2.500 Ξ | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL