Clicky

• Welcome to P2P Lending / NFT Lending Forum.

ETH.LOAN

News:

This was the original Lend Academy peer-to-peer lending forum, since forensically restored by deBanked and now reintroduced to eth.loan.

To restore access to your user account, email [email protected]. We apologize for errors you may experience during the recovery.

Main Menu
NEW LOANS:   | clefable.eth 1.500 Ξ | venusaur.eth 2.000 Ξ | charmeleon.eth 2.000 Ξ | ALL

Started by Peter, March 07, 2014, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brycemason

I'm doing the opposite! I'm buying derivatives against their stock as a hedge against collapse of my notes! Just kidding, although at some point I bet that is used for funds.

rlv99

IMHO, any public company that makes its money predominantly from fees has a very limited upside.  Unlike the big banks , Goldman Sachs, etc., LC has no skin in the game, and, therefore no ability to make the big bucks.  They are also vulnerable to competition which would impact any long-term projections.

If they change management after the offering and manage their day-to-day operations more efficiently, they should be able to perform well over the long-term.  However, if any real money is to be made on their stock it will be at the IPO, and if you are unable to participate at that point then I would suggest to steer clear of the after-market and wait a few quarters to see what shakes out.

Like Rob L, I wish them luck, but I currently plan on skipping this one for the reasons I give above.

james

The more media hype, the less likely ill buy the stock early on.   https://forum.lendacademy.com/Smileys/default/cool.gif" alt="8)" title="Cool" class="smiley" />

NEW LOANS:   | clefable.eth 1.500 Ξ | venusaur.eth 2.000 Ξ | charmeleon.eth 2.000 Ξ | ALL