Clicky

• Welcome to P2P Lending / NFT Lending Forum.

ETH.LOAN

News:

This was the original Lend Academy peer-to-peer lending forum, since forensically restored by deBanked and now reintroduced to eth.loan.

To restore access to your user account, email [email protected]. We apologize for errors you may experience during the recovery.

Main Menu
NEW LOANS:   | clefable.eth 1.500 Ξ | venusaur.eth 2.000 Ξ | charmeleon.eth 2.000 Ξ | ALL

New Front Page Pie Graph?

Started by Peter, December 10, 2013, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lovinglifestyle

Why doesn't the front page pie graph say "Debt Consolidation" on it???  Is it because somebody thinks that concept and vocabulary is beyond the borrowers' brain waves?  If so, it's insulting and I'm not amused.

"Credit Card Payoff" is not the same thing and is not used on the Browse page.

While I'm on at least the same topic of words on a page, I'm also fed up with the generic, boring title censorship.

core

I've always found it strange/confusing that they have "Debt consolidation" and "Credit card refinancing".  It could be argued that one is a subset of another and either one would be correct.  So it doesn't insult me that they switch around the wording because the distinction seems meaningless anyway, if borrowers get to choose either one. 

What title censorship are you referring to?

rlv99

I'm also fed up with the generic, boring title censorship

Workplace title?  Yes, however, doesn't seem to matter since borrowers seem to "exaggerate" their title and LC doesn't check that anyway

Peter

Publisher of the Lend Academy blog

See my returns here: http://www.lendacademy.com/returns

Fred

The LC Statistics Page (https://www.lendingclub.com/info/demand-and-credit-profile.action" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">https://www.lendingclub.com/info/demand-and-credit-profile.action) still specifies "Debt Consolidation"  as one of the Loan Purposes.  See attached.

Personally, I think the pie chart on the front page is a part of marketing collateral, manually prepared by human.  The statistics page, on the other hand, contains live, dynamically generated charts.

[attachment deleted by admin]

TravelingPennies

Thanks for all the discussion.
I wrote a reply earlier today but for some reason it didn't post because a new post came in before I finished and I only clicked post once.  Can't do it over--should have saved it for my own benefit just in case that happened.

The filter selections also use different wording for the two money categories.  It doesn't matter except for refinancing being less risky or providing higher returns than debt consolidation.

Regarding my reference to loan titles, I have seen creative, informative, explanatory, amusing titles changed to the generic titles of "Debt Consolidation" and "Refinance" within minutes of posting.  Then I have to click on a bunch to find the one I want to check out, but now cannot quickly locate by name. 

Work titles are a whole 'nother thing--somebody could start a fun thread about them?

I like Core's point about the borrowers getting to choose which category they want.  I've often argued with them in my head about which
choice they made!

TravelingPennies

rawraw

I wish Debt Consolidation and Credit Card refinance were kept seperate, but that the actual credit card refinances weren't often under debt consolidation.  I like consolidating debt I have some verification on through the revolving balance from the credit report.

TravelingPennies

Core..........You know what, I think you're right. This state of affairs is most unsatisfactory.

Perhaps tomorrow, after you're done with your animal husbandry activities, you would be so good as to draft a proposal outlining a superior, yet legal method of verifying borrower information, ability to pay etc. Post that here & Peter (or someone else you know) can submit it to his pals at LC who will undoubtedly form an interdepartmental feasibility committee to examine your proposals. Then after an exhaustive study that examines arguments from all sides, the suggestions of the committee can be passed on to a select group of individuals, consultants, a few journalists for further study. In due course & after a period of discussion between the aforementioned parties, the course of action recommended which will be an amalgamation of all the divergent views above can then be given back to Peter who will do an investigation & determine that complete transparency occurred throughout the process. Then Peter can do a blog post & say the usual things, which I'm sure you're already familiar with already.

How about it?  Are you in? Would the process be acceptable to you?  https://forum.lendacademy.com/Smileys/default/smiley.gif" alt=":)" title="Smiley" class="smiley" />

NEW LOANS:   | clefable.eth 1.500 Ξ | venusaur.eth 2.000 Ξ | charmeleon.eth 2.000 Ξ | ALL