Clicky

• Welcome to P2P Lending / NFT Lending Forum.

ETH.LOAN

News:

This was the original Lend Academy peer-to-peer lending forum, since forensically restored by deBanked and now reintroduced to eth.loan.

To restore access to your user account, email [email protected]. We apologize for errors you may experience during the recovery.

Main Menu
NEW LOANS:   | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL

Much less quality loans on Prosper in last 2 days, anyone else notice?

Started by Peter, November 18, 2013, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kombinator

On average my filters pick up 5-10 notes per day, yesterday and today were completely blank, anyone else notice a drop in their note purchases last couple of days?

MarinBB

Same story here. I've only picked up 3 loans since Friday, down from ~3-4/day. The quality is lower and it seems like average rates are lower too. Two other lenders I've talked to have noticed the same.

TravelingPennies

OK, so I am not imagining this, yes seems the quality and the rates went down somewhat sharply last couple of days.  I guess it may have been a natural result of them making such a big push to ramp up the volume so rapidly, something had to give.

TravelingPennies

I'll try to dig into the data more tonight. There have been lulls before that have been temporary. They may have changed their model or lowered overall rates which would create a permanent offset going forward.

TravelingPennies

Fair enough, would love to know the results.  Do you pull the data via the Listings API btw?

TravelingPennies

Yes, I use the API. I look at the Loan $ return stats to gauge the performance of historical back-tests and the Prosper portfolio as a whole and the Listings/ListingsHistorical endpoints to get listing attributes for bidding and testing strategies.

The new API is pretty solid; I like it much better than the old one.

TravelingPennies

TravelingPennies

Still going on, 9AM loan search came up empty, was able to get couple of loans last night after manually launching the system, as the loans were posted in off time...

TravelingPennies

This morning I only found listing 936303 that had a ListingStartTime of 2013-11-21 08:59:44. I'll need to look later tonight to see if they posted more listings before the usual 9AM posting time ... or maybe some after.

Peter

I was only able to get one loan this morning - at 10am PT, but last night's run was much more successful where I invested in 9 loans that met my criteria. But with the exception of yesterday I have noticed fewer loans meeting my criteria than typical this week.
Publisher of the Lend Academy blog

See my returns here: http://www.lendacademy.com/returns

TravelingPennies

Are they now deviating from posting at specific times and beginning to post at random intervals, or was this just an aberration connected with the recent hotfix?

TravelingPennies

Does anyone know if the shift towards a longer posting period is permanent or temporary? New listings seem to take 20-30 mins to come out (1-2/min) vs. the old pace of ~10-15/min.

TravelingPennies

Noticed that too, kind of annoying when they are screing with the investment parameters like posting times and length of time it takes for loans to come out...

investforfreedom

I also don't see any reason why they have to drag out the listing period, except  because they don't want bots and people alike all scrambling to get a piece of the pie within the first 10 minutes, only to end up jamming their servers.  Actually, there is a simple solution.  If they banned anyone from grabbing 50% of a loan during the first hour or even the first 1/2 hour, at least for those of us investing manually, we wouldn't have to rush through. 

TravelingPennies

The most likely reason they have started to drag out the period is to let more people bid, as before all the notes were snapped up in the first seconds as all listings came out.  What they actually did is make it worse, as now the notes are snapped up even faster as the machines have to only compete for few notes at a time iunstead of all.  So good intentions, bad the effect is exactly the opposite one of intended:)

NEW LOANS:   | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL