Clicky

• Welcome to P2P Lending / NFT Lending Forum.

ETH.LOAN

News:

This was the original Lend Academy peer-to-peer lending forum, since forensically restored by deBanked and now reintroduced to eth.loan.

To restore access to your user account, email [email protected]. We apologize for errors you may experience during the recovery.

Main Menu
NEW LOANS:   | clefable.eth 1.500 Ξ | venusaur.eth 2.000 Ξ | charmeleon.eth 2.000 Ξ | ALL

Member claims of unusual abilities with LendingClub

Started by Peter, November 17, 2013, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joleran

As a community, it is important to be known as a source of direct truth over vague rumor.  Getting an edge and keeping one's methods secret in a competitive environment can be important, but lying should really be beneath us.

I've noted many claims by various members over a number of posts, and I want to direct attention to these claims.  Are these claims fanciful imagination or attempts at manipulation, or have the posters found API hooks not commonly known, used social engineering on phone support, or otherwise bypassed restrictions that the rest of us must live by? 

Rather than enumerate the claims I've seen immediately, I'd like to ask if any community members want to stand up and acknowledge the presence of such abilities (of course without disclosing the specific methods).

mo

I think you are going to have to be more specific.  Because I have been reading these boards regularly for the better part of the past year and I have no idea what you are taking about.  Also appealing for, "direct truth over vague rumor" and then being vague yourself isn't exactly walking the walk.

New Jersey Guy

I gotta agree with Mo.
Besides DanB being accused of being a LC spy and drinking cheap Scotch, I'm not aware of any subterfuge.

Like Core said, though, you can blame him.  We do.

TravelingPennies

Are we going to talk about "little green men" and black helicopters in this thread?  Maybe some Russians?  I participate in other forums and a lot of these conspiracy guys are going to get a major kick out of this.  Problem is I need to know if this is going to be entertaining enough.

Joleran-  Please let us know ahead of time if you are about to go off the deep end.  Or if you have already done so.  Please don't take any weapons to SFO and shoot up the place -- they've had enough trouble this month.  I hear the LAX controllers need some spice in their life.

TravelingPennies

OK, fine.  Two things you implied recently core are what brought about this post, and though I have other things to talk about perhaps they'd be a good starting point.

1. The ability to transfer notes in the Processing state between accounts under current rules.  I'm thinking this would involve setting your names to be the same on the accounts and then just requesting reassignment of notes between "your" accounts?  Seems weird.

2. The ability to post notes in the Processing state under the current environment.  I don't see how this can happen without some sort of hack.

TravelingPennies

I'll consider explaining it to you if you rename the topic and remove all references to the word "h@cking".  It's not fair to LC, it's not fair to Peter.

TravelingPennies

I understand that hacking can be a charged word, but it's been used colloquially in a great many ways in recent years to the point that it no longer means intrusive privilege escalation in popular culture.  It has literally only been used in the title, but I've changed it to "unusual abilities".

I don't really want it explained to me, but I want to call attention to the notion that these are not good methods because they detract from the community. 

Imagine if anyone could trade notes without any Folio fees - third party sites facilitating this service would take over and soon LC would put a stop to it.  It's an unfair advantage to be able to bypass the fees and may incur uncompensated costs to LC they would not otherwise bear.

Similarly, being able to post notes that are processing (and actually close on them) isn't something that someone can accomplish by doing their homework - it's specifically disallowed now.

TravelingPennies

Okie doke, I think "h@cking" is a ridiculous term for this and it's unfortunate that Google will index it as such.  You have refused to change the title.  I understand that.

And then you say you don't even want an explanation.  Fair enough too.  So you were just trying to cause trouble all along.  Nothing wrong with that.  Unfortunately that leaves us with nothing to talk about.   I guess that means you can go back to whatever it was that you were doing before you got this great idea to start this thread.  (From the bottom of a bottle or a pipe, perhaps?).  And after further thought, if you want to shoot up SFO that's OK with me too.  I think they're a bit more prepared for nutcases (right now) than LAX, anyway.

[EDIT:  Ok I take some of this back as I see you have changed the subject....]

TravelingPennies

I actually edited it after consideration, but before your last post.

Another ability I heard about was the ability to get detailed public record information, such as if it was a tax lien or a bankruptcy, and the amount.  This could be accomplished with data mining perhaps, and would LC even have this information stored?

TravelingPennies

Joleran.............Initially I thought that you weren't serious, but now I'm thinking you actually might be serious, which makes this whole thing pretty funny.  Did you not read what Core has written under his photo? Combine that with what was previously written & doesn't that give you a general idea of what the mindset is? Now you seriously want to counter that mindset with a plea for "community"? Seriously?

TravelingPennies

Usually I got to pay for this type of entertainment!

Guys.  Try not to let this go past 11:30 PM EST.  I got to get up early tomorrow.

TravelingPennies

It should be noted for the record that I have engaged Joleran in a series of PMs.  I would encourage anyone flying out of SFO tonight to cancel their trips or choose another departure airport, preferrably in class C or D airspace.  https://forum.lendacademy.com/Smileys/default/smiley.gif" alt=":)" title="Smiley" class="smiley" />

NEW LOANS:   | clefable.eth 1.500 Ξ | venusaur.eth 2.000 Ξ | charmeleon.eth 2.000 Ξ | ALL