Clicky

• Welcome to P2P Lending / NFT Lending Forum.

ETH.LOAN

News:

This was the original Lend Academy peer-to-peer lending forum, since forensically restored by deBanked and now reintroduced to eth.loan.

To restore access to your user account, email [email protected]. We apologize for errors you may experience during the recovery.

Main Menu
NEW LOANS:   | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL

Payments remaining less than outstanding principal

Started by Peter, October 08, 2013, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joleran

Does anyone know off-hand how loans with payments remaining less than the outstanding principal work?  I've got the below loan that's standard, current, never had any weird late stuff, but the math doesn't work out to remove all the principal.

I'm guessing payments remaining is a rounded estimate, and the loan will have a mini balloon style payment at the end?

[attachment deleted by admin]

New Jersey Guy

His normal payment is $637/month.
He's been paying $785/month since May 2012.

He's accelerated his payments and is going to have his loan paid off sooner.  This is what is skewing the numbers.   I'm going to guess he's not going to have a full payment due when his last payment comes around.  It will be a smaller amount.  I think at this point, the total principle due will change.    Otherwise, some sort of adjustment will be made right after he pays the loan off.  You'll have to wait and see.

yojoakak

On LendingClub, the math rarely if ever "works out" beforehand.

core

pplinvestor

I wonder anyone actually looks and tracks Account Activities everyday (putting into a DB to track each note activity).  I won't be surprised if LC takes a few pennies on each note and no one really realizes.   I had one note that I received payment BEFORE I bought it from Folio according to Account Activities.  And the payment received in Account Activities page is a few pennies less than showing on My Notes page.   Since I don't spend much time looking Account Activities, I just ignored it.  Yes, I'm pulling my money out a little by little slowly.

NEW LOANS:   | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL