Clicky

• Welcome to P2P Lending / NFT Lending Forum.

ETH.LOAN

News:

This was the original Lend Academy peer-to-peer lending forum, since forensically restored by deBanked and now reintroduced to eth.loan.

To restore access to your user account, email [email protected]. We apologize for errors you may experience during the recovery.

Main Menu
NEW LOANS:   | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL

The Stock Market Thread

Started by Peter, September 14, 2013, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DutchNurse

It was suggested a another thread be created after the thread "How much is too much to invest in LC" kind of turned into a market thread.

Maybe we can post macroeconomic views, opinions about rates, and big news. This isn't the reason we are here, but I think the other thread made it clear that there is a wealth of knowledge out there which is hard to find.

I'm not sure how best to continue this thread, but, if there is enough interest maybe we can start with what we consider here to be ways to select a stock. It may be that we are only here for P2P lending, and that, of course is ok, but in case there is more interest in anything more on this topic I'll go first to spur on some conversation.

I lately make use of the screener on FinViz.com to fill my radar for 'possibles' and like to look for +current earnings, +annual earnings, +sales growth, +instituional ownship growth or accumulation. I guess in a very general overview I like to stay more or less to CANSLIM for my strategy, but i'll try own cyclicals, defensives, inflation sensitive stocks, and some interest sensitive stocks at the same time - although I am very leery about owning banks.

Currently long: CYOU, FII, GIII, GPS, HD, IBA, ITRN, LUV, NP, SGBI, SXL, TARO, TGI, TSN, UHAL, UNP, VLO, WLK, WX

I recently unloaded TSLA as I have thought for a while now that it's just too far ahead of itself.

I guess besides screener strategy and portfolio critique or comparisons, another topic for conversation could be something more along where we left off: manipulation of market metrics and is the market even a safe place anymore (and if not, where is!).

I really hate to take a doom and gloom approach to the world but are we really living a parallel of Plato's allegory, The Cave and is there any hope for humanity?   

AnilG

Majority of my portfolio is in mutual funds, index funds and ETFs. But I dabble into stocks too for fun. My current holdings are: FB, AAPL, C, PPO, AEE, DD, AG.

I use 13F filings to pick potential stocks for portfolio. I do a detailed financial analysis of company and investment valuation of stock if I am planning to hold stock for long-term.

Some of my favorite authors and books that my investment knowledge is based on:

Your Money or Your Life
The Millionaire Next Door,
A Random Walk Down Wall Street

Fundamental Analysis by John Ritchie
Books by James O'Shaughnessy, especially What Works on Wall Street
Books by Aswath Damodaran, especially Investment Valuation

TravelingPennies

I've read alot by O'Shaughnessy - What Works is a great book. I'll be looking into the others.

By the way Anil, checked out PeerCube and your blog bout 3 hours ago - haven't stopped reading. Thanks for all your work there.

Xin

I know nearly nothing of what has been mentioned in this thread already.

I'm long on some Vanguard core index funds. VTSAX, VBTLX (IRA only), VTIAX.

I exchanged all my VTSAX US stocks for VBTLX bonds following the govt. shutdown, and will keep them in this safer asset for a few months. Yes, I know this is market timing...but if the US defaults it'll be worth it. If not, I won't have missed out on much (probably)

My 10k in VTSAX taxable i leave untouched. I would've moved it but i've held <365 days and don't wanna pay the tax.

Cries

My PA

Longs: INFU, AMZKF, ABCP, AAPL, AIG, VOYA
Short: LOCK
Sold this year: SALM, HES, BCOR, TSRA, POST, ADT, ADES

I dont index.  I like concentration.

--
Information herein also may pertain to unregistered securities; accordingly, such information may not be disseminated or used in any manner that would be deemed a general solicitation. This is not an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any security.

mo

toiletpaper55

Long ALXN, LNKD, FB, YHOO, DDD, RLGS

Short GLD, TWTR

thoughts?

TravelingPennies

rawraw

NEW LOANS:   | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL