Clicky

• Welcome to P2P Lending / NFT Lending Forum.

ETH.LOAN

News:

This was the original Lend Academy peer-to-peer lending forum, since forensically restored by deBanked and now reintroduced to eth.loan.

To restore access to your user account, email [email protected]. We apologize for errors you may experience during the recovery.

Main Menu
NEW LOANS:   | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL

6 loans fully paid since May

Started by Peter, August 27, 2013, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amelia

Out of 256 notes, 6 that funded in May have been fully paid.  This seems kind of high and kind of curious.  A lot of work (not really) for $3.73 - 1%

Rob L

I've bought 1,800 notes since early May and 22 are fully paid. More than I would have guessed, but it is what it is. Not as bad as your luck though.

Fred

Fully prepaid loans, although not ideals, are much better than lates, defaults, or charged-offs.  https://forum.lendacademy.com/Smileys/default/wink.gif" alt=";)" title="Wink" class="smiley" />

New Jersey Guy

"Out of 256 notes, 6 that funded in May have been fully paid."

I agree.  That seems high.  It'll probably change.
Out of curiosity, were these higher grade loans (B3 to A1)?

TravelingPennies

NJ Guy mine were all over the map. A1 -> D3, no E or F.

Randawl

I have seen a moderate spike in fully paid loans as well.

TravelingPennies

Similar story here, but more loans paid off.  Started investing in late April of this year.  I now have 243 loans, of those 9 have paid off after the first or second payment.  B3 : 2, C2 : 2, C5 :2, D4 : 1, D5 : 1, E2 : 1.   5 had already paid in full by the time that I had around 100 notes.

cfb

Here's a fun stat: I've written about 2400 notes and 280 have paid in full, all early.  82 went to Charged Off.  BTW, the LC people I've talked to about this were fairly fascinated by the ratio of paid off early vs defaults.

My guess is I'm picking people that in many cases turn out to not need the money or they get it from somewhere else at better terms.

When I'm looking at a note and in the comments they say something like "I'll pay this off in less than a year!" I throw them back.  Given the time it takes for some notes to issue and how hard its been to find good ones, I'd prefer people who'll actually pay the full term and all of the interest...

gamassey

Could it be that paying the LC loan on time for 12 to 18 months boosts the credit score enough that they can borrow money at a much lower interest rate?

NEW LOANS:   | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL