Clicky

• Welcome to P2P Lending / NFT Lending Forum.

ETH.LOAN

News:

This was the original Lend Academy peer-to-peer lending forum, since forensically restored by deBanked and now reintroduced to eth.loan.

To restore access to your user account, email [email protected]. We apologize for errors you may experience during the recovery.

Main Menu
NEW LOANS:   | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL

New C/Net Interview with Renaud Laplanche

Started by Peter, June 06, 2013, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SBryantMS

"More than three-quarters of your loans go to refinancing credit card debt. Are you just contributing to the United States debt problem by shuffling debts around, letting consumers borrow more money but not actually get out of the hole?

Most of our consumers aren't refinancing balance because they're maxed out. They're refinancing to get a lower interest rate. We pull credit reports three and six months after funding a loan to see if the balance has come down. In 80 percent of the cases, borrowers show a lower balance three and six months later than the time they took the loan. We're instrumental in helping the American consumer deleverage and get out of debt faster."

Emphasis mine: Thoughts?  Does 80% seem like a reasonable number? Sounds extremely high to me!

core

Seems high to me as well, but if they're in the process of getting together an IPO I doubt he would be making blatantly false public statements.

What I'd like to know is:  If they're pulling this 3+6 mo data, why do we not have access to it?  It's not a privacy issue since they're already providing all of that data before the loans get funded.  If we're the ones 100% on the hook for the money, then why are they the ones keeping all the data close to their vest?

Fred

For me, the following caught my attention:

1. We will do income verification before issuing the loan.

2. The operating expense ratio is coming down every quarter, so yes, I would expect over time as we scale we can continue to lower interest rates to borrowers.

It would be interesting to see how each would affect the the overall experience from investors' perspective.

Peter

Publisher of the Lend Academy blog

See my returns here: http://www.lendacademy.com/returns

NEW LOANS:   | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL