Clicky

• Welcome to P2P Lending / NFT Lending Forum.

ETH.LOAN

News:

This was the original Lend Academy peer-to-peer lending forum, since forensically restored by deBanked and now reintroduced to eth.loan.

To restore access to your user account, email [email protected]. We apologize for errors you may experience during the recovery.

Main Menu
NEW LOANS:   | muk.eth 1.500 Ξ | torkoal.eth 0.200 Ξ | tropius.eth 0.200 Ξ | ALL

Has LC ever offered a bonus to sign up borrowers?

Started by Peter, June 07, 2013, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GS

With LC seemingly suffering from a supply/demand problem, wouldn't it make sense, and be nice, if account holders could get a bonus for referring a borrower who gets a loan?  Like, I refer a friend, I get $50 to invest.  LC really needs to step up their game when it comes to making their benefits known and attracting new borrowers.  Who better to spread the word and attract borrowers than the investors?  I got my wife's friend interested in consolidating her credit cards by accident.

rawraw

There used to be sign up promotions.  But I don't know about inviting bonuses.

LonghornSF

The problem with a borrower bonus is most borrowers won't be repeat customers and thus it would be tough for LC to recover the bonus. Investors are quite different since most of us will be around for awhile making $1000s in loans on LC. It's just not compelling for LC to offer a borrower bonus.

New Jersey Guy

"I got my wife's friend interested in consolidating her credit cards by accident."

Check with Rawraw.  I heard he's paying $50!

Rob L

Maybe LC is growing as fast as they think they can safely grow and already have as many borrowers as they can handle. Lenders are beating down their doors. I do think they are really trying to balance institutional, high net worth and individual investor demands. Even in the "new reality" we individuals are still getting 1/3 of the loan pie today. We would all like a bigger pie, but LC can only grow just so fast without unacceptable risks. I Googled "Credit Card Consolidation Loan". LC did have a small paid ad 7th down on the right side, but not in the top of page ad grouping. Prosper was the second unpaid result, LC was on the second page of unpaid results. Either LC could use some real SEO help (very doubtful considering the company they keep), or they aren't trying very hard to attract more borrowers right now. Hard to drink from a fire hydrant. Like Goldilocks they have to get it just right; the IPO date will be here before long.

NEW LOANS:   | muk.eth 1.500 Ξ | torkoal.eth 0.200 Ξ | tropius.eth 0.200 Ξ | ALL