Clicky

• Welcome to P2P Lending / NFT Lending Forum.

ETH.LOAN

News:

This was the original Lend Academy peer-to-peer lending forum, since forensically restored by deBanked and now reintroduced to eth.loan.

To restore access to your user account, email [email protected]. We apologize for errors you may experience during the recovery.

Main Menu
NEW LOANS:   | 870.eth 2.500 Ξ | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL

Recoveries

Started by Peter, May 19, 2013, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmCap

All - is anybody else being credited with a boatload of recoveries today?

TravelingPennies

$150 or so. I'll know more when I get home since LC is determined to make me use the mobile site on my phone >.<

TravelingPennies

That seems really high. When were most of those loans charged off?

Sent from my HTC DNA using Tapatalk2

TravelingPennies

Randawl

That's awesome, great to hear it!  Congratulations!

New Jersey Guy

I got about $6.40 on $433 of principle.  I can retire now.

"My Portfolio" isn't showing any payments in the payment column.  Has it been paid?  I won't believe it til I see it.  I had two defaults in Feb. showing "Check Received" in the payment log.  A month later, no payments were made, and the log entries were deleted.  Hmmmmm.

core

Peter

I am showing a boatload as well in my main account. I haven't added them up but I think it is the 15-20 range but less than $50. Better than nothing.

As for the check received I have seen that before - almost certainly a bounced check. If LC were really going to pocket the money I don't think they would let you know a check was received in the first place.
Publisher of the Lend Academy blog

See my returns here: http://www.lendacademy.com/returns

TravelingPennies

"It's possible that's what happens when a check bounces?"
"As for the check received I have seen that before - almost certainly a bounced check"

Peter, you should ask about these so-called checks.  I don't think they are personal checks from the borrower.  I think the outside collection company collects the money, then forwards the money back to LC in the form of a check.  That's what "Check Received" means.

Here's my March 1 post showing the 2 loans in question.

http://www.lendacademy.com/forum/index.php?topic=764.msg4037#msg4037" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.lendacademy.com/forum/index.php?topic=764.msg4037#msg4037

TravelingPennies

TravelingPennies

"when the distressed market froze in January or so (NJ Guy, you should recall this)."

I remember all too well!  Went from riches Q4 2012 to rags Q1 2013.  I have absolutely no explanation for that one.

p2p2p2p2p

Have had recoveries before but not to today's extent. Maybe the collection agency finally sent over a check. Have to remember to report this as a capital gain and not ordinary income, since the losses were written off as capital losses

yaoyao

I have never had a recovery yet.  How do you know that you have a recovery? I did have a charge-off note.   Do you have to click on the notes individually? 

NEW LOANS:   | 870.eth 2.500 Ξ | 804.eth 2.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL