Clicky

• Welcome to P2P Lending / NFT Lending Forum.

ETH.LOAN

News:

This was the original Lend Academy peer-to-peer lending forum, since forensically restored by deBanked and now reintroduced to eth.loan.

To restore access to your user account, email [email protected]. We apologize for errors you may experience during the recovery.

Main Menu
NEW LOANS:   | muk.eth 1.500 Ξ | torkoal.eth 0.200 Ξ | tropius.eth 0.200 Ξ | ALL

Do you invest in cashback listings?

Started by Peter, October 05, 2011, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bilgefisher

Do the cashback listings sway your investing in one way or another?

chasingbread

Nope. I believe it's designed to help sway those away from their self-established criteria. I think it works for Prosper, and especially for the newer investors.

I don't even look at them, and at times I find myself investing in one without even knowing it.

Peter

Publisher of the Lend Academy blog

See my returns here: http://www.lendacademy.com/returns

DiligentiaLLC

I have used it and enjoyed the nice bonus it provides, however I only recommend buying a position in the loan if the rest of the information meets your existing criteria/filters.  Don't reduce your standards in order to get the 3 - 4% bump because it is only a one time payout whereas you are "marrying" that borrower for 1 - 5 years.  Overall, if the loan does meet your criteria, the cash back bonus can be a nice hedge against future defaults reducing a little bit of portfolio risk.  I wish LC would do the same.

TravelingPennies

I stick to my investing criteria, but I look to see if those loans fit in first.  1 loan so far.

The 3% cashback has me thinking though.
Lets look at the numbers.

My investment criteria sees about a 3.5% default rate.
Assume 3% cashback.

If I invest in 3% cashback loan that has a default rate of 6.5%, shouldn't my return be exactly the same?  And actually it might be  a bit better since I get the 3% immediately if the loan closes.

NEW LOANS:   | muk.eth 1.500 Ξ | torkoal.eth 0.200 Ξ | tropius.eth 0.200 Ξ | ALL