Clicky

• Welcome to P2P Lending / NFT Lending Forum.

ETH.LOAN

News:

This was the original Lend Academy peer-to-peer lending forum, since forensically restored by deBanked and now reintroduced to eth.loan.

To restore access to your user account, email [email protected]. We apologize for errors you may experience during the recovery.

Main Menu
NEW LOANS:   | granbull.eth 0.299 Ξ | primeape.eth 1.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL

Zacks Investment Research - Anyone Use Them?

Started by Peter, May 03, 2013, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cries

It wasnt hard to generate 20+% returns over the last year or so.  Almost any equity basket would have gotten you those returns - keep in mind its been an incredibly bullish market.  If you've been watching your return over the last month or so, then you were bound to be disappointed - we've been going sideways for most of April, with a selloff along the way.

Personally, I wouldnt trust any brokerage research; they almost never generate ideas/theses with anything that hasnt already been priced in (aka, you will always be the last to buy; never the first).  I also think its a bad time to be buying equities in general (but thats another story).  If you are looking for good ideas, I encourage you to get a trial account at DDIC and VIC (although full accounts are considerably better). 

If you had to invest in equities, but dont have much time to do so, I'd recommend RSP (an equal weight ETF) for US equities.  Its cheap and will get the job done better than most other passively managed ETFs (read The Big Secret For the Small Investor; by Greenblatt for more info).  However, again, I dont think now is a good time to be buying (I've been slowly liquidating my 401k, IRAs, and personal portfolio over the last 4 or 5 months)

If you ever plan to pick individual equities again - I'd highly recommend a fairly lengthy reading list of value investing books (Margin of Safety; Stock Market Genius; Value Investing; A Long Short Story; Financial Shenanigans).  If you dont read these, you are (in my opinion) very ill-equipped to be managing your own equity portfolio. 

Zach

Thanks everyone for your thoughts!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

NEW LOANS:   | granbull.eth 0.299 Ξ | primeape.eth 1.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL