Clicky

• Welcome to P2P Lending / NFT Lending Forum.

ETH.LOAN

News:

This was the original Lend Academy peer-to-peer lending forum, since forensically restored by deBanked and now reintroduced to eth.loan.

To restore access to your user account, email [email protected]. We apologize for errors you may experience during the recovery.

Main Menu
NEW LOANS:   | granbull.eth 0.299 Ξ | primeape.eth 1.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL

Folio Folks - Remind me

Started by Peter, April 22, 2013, 11:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmCap

What is your tolerance level for premiums on relatively young notes - I know there's been previous discussion on this but I can't recall the sense of the body...

Zach

I don't purchase any notes on Folio currently, so I don't know if this is as relevant based on the changes in the market conditions on the platform, but the max I would pay of a premium is 3% - period.

The age didn't really matter to me as much, but it helps if the notes is beyond the 10 month default stretch...

lender_john

I generally prefer notes where the premium does not exceed the interest due at next payment. So usually no more than 1-2%. However I do occasionally buy notes with a higher premium and I often sell notes at a much higher premium

Fred

In the good ol days, borrowers paid 3% for prepayment penalty.  So 3% premium is my target.

yaoyao

I purchases the notes with markup/down less than 0.5%.  I used to set interest range between 20% and 26% and could still find plenty of notes to invest in, however, since last couple of months, I had to lower the low range to 17% and sometimes still couldn't find notes to invest in.

TravelingPennies

For a great note, 3% over principal is my absolute cap. For a good but not great note, 2%.

New Jersey Guy

"For a great note, 3% over principal is my absolute cap. For a good but not great note, 2%."

Depends on the grade, too.  I looked at a note for like 2.5% over yet the YTM was a mere 4 and-some-odd percentage.  "Whaaaaat?"  When I looked, it was an A1 at 6%.  Not worth it.

Typically when paying 3% over principle, it better be a damn good C/D/E note. 

TravelingPennies

I typically sell around 4%...which I think I'm ok with because I don't want my notes to fly off the shelves, if you will.

cjayb

For loans under 15%, I usually mark it up 2.5-3% depending on how fast I want it to sell.

For over 15%, I mark it up 4%.

yojoakak

I recently sold a $30 note for $50.

So it appears SOMEONE has got some major tolerance.

TravelingPennies

A couple of times I've been running IR filters and I accidentally bought a note for $25.50ish thinking it was newly issued - but it was from my 3-6 months old note filter, so a much higher markup than I was thinking. People make mistakes and pay too much by accident, it happens. 

TravelingPennies

What's a couple zeros here and there to make it worth our hourly billing rate in the end, really...

NEW LOANS:   | granbull.eth 0.299 Ξ | primeape.eth 1.500 Ξ | remoraid.eth 0.299 Ξ | ALL