Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Investing on StreetShares platform

I heard that StreetShares is now open to retail investors. Anyone here have any experience with it? Sean, how about you?

yes I have tried it but there really isn't anything to it. It's not like a marketplace or something like Lending Club where you go on and pick the loans you like. All your money is just invested in a bond earning a fixed 5% interest rate. So basically the only feature after depositing funds is logging in to check your balance and withdrawing. I think that might have something to do with the fundraising laws under Regulation A+ of the JOBS Act.

Comment

The interest rate is fixed? you don't pick the level of risk you want?

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's fixed. I'll double check that. And no, you don't pick anything as far as I can tell. You just buy bonds that they're issuing. I just signed up for it recently, so I don't know EVERYTHING about it, but it seems pretty straightforward.

Comment

I learned that there are two types of offerings, one is the Reg A+ deal that's just a bond as you say and then there's another for accredited investors that can actually participate on the real platform. Do you invest with them at all. Curious to hear if you would recommend

Comment

Working...
          X