Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinion on Bank of Internet

I was looking at WebBank and that led me to SPLP, the publicly taded company that owns them. And of course in my research on that, I found Bank of Internet (BOFI) which is how OnDeck Capital (ONDK) makes their loans. BOFI is up around 35% over the last 2 years.

I am thinking that SPLP is undervalued but am also wondering if BOFI might have a lot more upside potential yet to be realized.

Thoughts?

Originally posted by straddle View Post
    I was looking at WebBank and that led me to SPLP, the publicly taded company that owns them. And of course in my research on that, I found Bank of Internet (BOFI) which is how OnDeck Capital (ONDK) makes their loans. BOFI is up around 35% over the last 2 years.

I am thinking that SPLP is undervalued but am also wondering if BOFI might have a lot more upside potential yet to be realized.

Thoughts?
    I don't know but I am getting a bad feeling from these lending companies overall. Just something in my gut. From what I know they have high interest rates and there all experiencing wild fast growth but making no $$$$.

Comment

Originally posted by straddle View Post

Thoughts?
      I think so. i don't think BOFI holds the paper on loans it "originates". I believe it just earns fees and that it's a volume game. It looks like investors have discovered this stock already though. Doesn't mean it's not undervalued...

Comment

Web bank and bank of the internet are chartered banks that allow certain funders to place loans in all 50 states. I believe both sell back the loan after it funds to the lender. Lending in all 50 states with just a state license won't cover you in all states. These banks are making significant fees but are not the servicing agents of the loans.

Comment

Working...
        X