Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is ondeck a good investment

hello I was wondering what people think about teh lending company ondeck? are they a good investment? I like to buy an hold stocks for the long term so i am about long term prospects.

ondeck is the short of the year! why would you consider a subprime lender in an industry guaranteed to invite regulation as a possible long term investment?

wake up!

Comment

I am also interested in speaking more about this company. A lot of analysts are rating them a buy but the price keeps getting lower and lower. Is it just because they're a lending company?

Comment

On deck is stuck in the mud. It's still early but what's scary about this company is that we're in a booming economy and from what I gather they have a favorable regulatory environment. I can't help but predict the direction the price would go if one of those two things took a turn for the worse. I read sean's article that said rahm emanuel the mayor of chicago is hearing bad news from the borrowers of these new high cost loans. he didn't mention on deck per se but it is close to the kind of lending they do. Just my $0.02

Comment

down to $16 today. people are waking up to this company

Comment

Originally posted by shorTIT View Post
            down to $16 today. people are waking up to this company
            jeez. Why is there no middle ground with how people feel about OnDeck? It's always complete love or total hatred. Do you work in the industry??

Comment

Originally posted by shorTIT View Post
              ondeck is the short of the year! why would you consider a subprime lender in an industry guaranteed to invite regulation as a possible long term investment?

wake up!
              It is my understanding that many consumer protections do not apply to commercial transactions. What kind of regulations do you foresee coming to lenders like on deck capital? I am thinking about starting my own lender as the reason I ask.

Comment

Originally posted by mlrb inc View Post
                It is my understanding that many consumer protections do not apply to commercial transactions. What kind of regulations do you foresee coming to lenders like on deck capital? I am thinking about starting my own lender as the reason I ask.
                There's so many lenders out there now especially tech lenders. I can't speak about regulations but the market does not seem to be taking too kindly to on deck and lending club and they are supposedly the cream of the crop.

Comment

you got all these peeps saying on deck sucks yet they got big names like goldman sachs, google, the founder of paypal, fortress, Deutsche, Tiger and all these smart money guys to invest. Yet the guy brokering the deal says he knows more about the internal financial metrics of the firm. What do they know that all the smart money guys couldn't possibly have seen?

I think on deck will do well long term!

Comment

buy or sell before earnings tomorrow?

Comment

I couldn't tell if the earnings numbers were good or bad but everyone seemed bullish on it. Now the price is moving down. Guess that means it's not something to get overly excited about?

Comment

well Lending Club just took a dive in the afterhours. $9 million in losses and they "grew faster than they thought they would". Not sure how to play this or if I should just stay out of these lending stocks.

Comment

"While we see value in the company’s niche in serving the inefficient small business lending sector, and the total addressable market is undeniably significant, we believe the current valuation does not account for the inherent risks in the business surrounding an untested credit model, increasing competition, uncertainty in a rising interest rate environment, and an evolving regulatory landscape. These risks may not significantly impact the company’s near-term trajectory, but we believe they will ultimately drive slower growth and higher expenses."

Thoughts on this comment from a Compass Point analyst? http://sleekmoney.com/on-deck-capita...t-ondk/177677/

Comment

the company is back above $22 a share. Looking forward to $40!!!!!!!!!

Comment

cashbot, what's your opinion about this company?

Comment

Working...
                              X