Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hypothetical

From a funder/bank standpoint, what industries would you be targeting right now and what might be your message? For instance if you had a free 20k credit to send out 15k mail pieces to bring in business to your fund. To whom would you send them?

Totally hypothetical, and assume the data you need is readily available (though it rarely is).

I'd probably send it to the usual suspects (restaurants, auto repair shops, etc.). Now that some of the big players (i.e. CAN Capital) have stopped sending out pieces, you might see a higher conversion rate because there's been a slowdown in MCA mailers. Of course, if I had a free 20k credit I'd rather spend it on live transfers...
    Last edited by MCNetwork; 06-03-2017, 11:12 AM.
    Archie Bengzon
    Owner
    Jumpstart Capital
    archie@jumpstartcapital.biz

Comment

If you were trying to send mail to people who DIDN'T already have loans and advances, what is the best way to come up with that list? Do businesses respond to these mails if they have never taken one of these before? Thank you.

Comment

Like MCNetwork said, there are your usual suspects, but I would be a little more specific in saying to try and target B2B businesses. I get more comfortable knowing my merchant does direct business with Amazon (for example) as opposed to getting monthly checks from John Doe

Comment

Originally posted by HDF View Post
          From a funder/bank standpoint, what industries would you be targeting right now and what might be your message? For instance if you had a free 20k credit to send out 15k mail pieces to bring in business to your fund. To whom would you send them?

Totally hypothetical, and assume the data you need is readily available (though it rarely is).
          I would suggest you focus on businesses the owner probably would be the one opening the mail. Liquor stores would be a good start. independent Swimming pool supply stores ..... florists....
          Marcus Clapman | Business Development | Cresthill Capital (Mantis)
          (High Commissions Payout Group)
          ——————————————————————————
          Tel: 917-521-6528 | Fax: 212.671.1473
          Email: bizdev@cresthillcapital.com
          http://www.cresthillcapital.com

Comment

The idea of the thread was to judge what the banks want to see coming in as submissions. In other words, files in categories that make them more interested right off the bat. (for example: Kevin Henry @Seacoast Business Funding is smartly very direct in preferred specialties) We were not interested in MCA sales ideas from 2007.

I'd like to see more lenders speak out.

Comment

The idea of the thread was to judge what the banks want to see coming in as submissions. In other words, files in categories that make them more interested right off the bat. (for example: Kevin Henry @Seacoast Business Funding is smartly very direct in preferred specialties) We were not interested in MCA sales ideas from 2007.

I'd like to see more lenders speak out.
              Thanks HDF.

We typically do NOT send out mailers or buy leads. The majority of our dealflow comes from referral sources and business development people cold calling companies and attending industry trade shows. The cold calling and trade shows is very targeted and all the contact data is stored in our CRM. We use CRM when sending out marketing pieces that have good content and are industry focused. Following up with a mail piece might be a good idea so long as the mailing is personal and not generic.
              Kevin Henry
              VP-Business Development

Comment

Originally posted by kevinhenry0527 View Post
                Thanks HDF.

We typically do NOT send out mailers or buy leads. The majority of our dealflow comes from referral sources and business development people cold calling companies and attending industry trade shows. The cold calling and trade shows is very targeted and all the contact data is stored in our CRM. We use CRM when sending out marketing pieces that have good content and are industry focused. Following up with a mail piece might be a good idea so long as the mailing is personal and not generic.
                Boy, my hypothetical was really vague in retrospect. I was kinda looking to see what a lender might advise a small business advisor to concentrate on in terms of industry focus. Thanks Kevin, your comments on corralling the audience and pinpoint targeting and tracking are key components of filling the pipeline.

Just thought it would be a good discussion topic. And it should be.

Comment

Boy, my hypothetical was really vague in retrospect. I was kinda looking to see what a lender might advise a small business advisor to concentrate on in terms of industry focus. Thanks Kevin, your comments on corralling the audience and pinpoint targeting and tracking are key components of filling the pipeline.

Just thought it would be a good discussion topic. And it should be.
                  -Staffing
                  -IT Security
                  -Wireless
                  -Emerging Consumer Brands
                  -Niche' manufacturers-US based, but manufacture off-shore.

The top three industries are white hot right now and will be for the foreseeable future.
                  Kevin Henry
                  VP-Business Development

Comment

White hot for who? Those look like auto-declines...
                    Archie Bengzon
                    Owner
                    Jumpstart Capital
                    archie@jumpstartcapital.biz

Comment

Originally posted by MCNetwork View Post
                      White hot for who? Those look like auto-declines...
                      Staffing, Wireless Infrastructure Services companies, and Cyber Security companies are white hot as in growing rapidly and constantly need working capital. We love the industries and can provide factoring and asset based lines.
                      Kevin Henry
                      VP-Business Development

Comment

Working...
                      X