Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has anyone tried investing in funding circle or deal struck?

I was wondering if anyone here has tried funding circle or deal struck. Are these companies candidates to go public in the next year possibly? What are their experiences like versus lending club?

I have tried both. They're a completely different feel from consumer loan platforms like Lending Club. Funding Circle clings to the manual underwriting model which given the risk, I'm okay with. I don't know how much they will be able to scale with that however.

DealStruck is different in that the loans presented on the platform are ones that have already been issued. Contrast that against Lending Club where the notes often times haven't even been looked at by anyone. They don't need to reach 100% either.

Both platforms I believe require you to be an accredited investor so that weeds a lot of people out. Then again, that's probably smart since business loans are a completely different beast.

Comment

At least one of these disruptive lenders has got to go bust. Right now it seems like all of them are making money hand over fist and "changing the world." Statistics will show that some of them are just smoke. I don't think it was Lending Club and it probably isn't OnDeck either. If I had to bet which company is real out of DS and FC, I'd choose FC. They are operating on 2 continents and the manual approach, while hurting scale, is probably a great way to hedge a future economic downturn. Everyone is putting all their eggs in the automation basket but there is something to be said about old fashioned human analysis.

Comment

do these companies have ondeck interest rates of 40% or are they more reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by stktrader View Post
          do these companies have ondeck interest rates of 40% or are they more reasonable.
          the rates are a little better but the underwriting takes longer. also a lot fewer merchants qualify. that is the entire reason mca exists to begin with.

Comment

Well I would prefer deal struck.But its completely your choice in what you want to invest.Consumer loan platform where Consumer Panels and banking scheme make customer feel more secured ,Deal struck has good rate of interest.
            Last edited by AaronAdams; 08-05-2015, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X